Saturday, August 21, 2010

Super Fluffly Pancakes and a little more


I feel like it's been quite some time since I've last blogged.  It's really because I haven't cooked much lately and when I did cook, the meals weren't too special.  Lately I've felt a bit lazy and kind of out of it.  I'm not sure why but I feel that part of me has passed for now.

Despite my under the weather feeling, I've done some exciting things recently.  Nhat and I went hiking for the first time (unplanned and unprepared and NOT advisable), but we survived since it was only a short hike.  At least we had a bottle of water hehe.  The most important thing I remember from all the survival shows I've watched is to STAY ON TRAIL so we made sure we did that.

This is a little waterfall we saw on the hike.

Unforgiving mountains
And some exciting news...(kind of), remember that list I made a while back of all the jobs I've had?  You can add Jewelry Assembler to it now.  It's a part time job working in a warehouse, but at least I'll be able to save up money for baking school or a wedding....kekeke. ;)

I made fried chicken last Sunday with buttermilk and the results weren't great, but I had left over buttermilk.  So today I decided to make some pancakes.  I found a recipe on foodnetwork dot com and I really think this is the easiest and best pancakes I have ever had.  The recipe is for blueberry pancakes so I just left out the blueberries since I didn't have any.  I also cut the recipe in half because it was just Nhat and me.  Cutting the recipe in half, I made 5 pancakes, which was a perfect amount.

Buttermilk Pancakes for the Cookworks on Foodnetwork dot com. 
1 cup all purpose flour
1/8 cup sugar
1 1/8 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1/8 cup melted butter and extra for cooking

Preparation
Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt

Beat buttermilk, eggs, and butter.

Combine dry ingredients to wet.  Be careful not to over mix.  My batter was lumpy and very thick.

In a skillet on medium heat add a little bit of butter and scoop 1/3 cup of batter into pan.

Cook pancakes on each side for about 1-2 minutes.
You can see I need to work on flipping the pancakes. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment