Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pork Shogayaki

I'm always looking for new, unique, and homey dishes to cook.  When I watched this video on Cooking With Dog Youtube Channel, I wanted to try it right away.  It's a pork dish cooked with the usual Japanese flavors of mirin, sake, and soy sauce.  It's so simple and easy but the flavors taste very warm and comforting.  I doubled the sauce because I like a lot of flavor and I think I used a bit more garlic also. =)

Pork Shogayaki from Cooking With Dog Youtube Channel
slightly adpated
4 thin slices of pork
1 1/2 T flour
salt and pepper
2 t of crushed garlic
1 t of minced ginger
 2 t soy sauce
2 t sake
2 t mirin
1 t sugar

Preparation
Sprinkle a litle bit of salt and pepper on both sides of meat.
Lightly dust flour on each side.

Prepare the sauce
Mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, and set aside.

On medium heat add about 1 tsp of sesame oil on skillet and move around  to spread the oil.
Add pork. Once brown on one side, flip over to other side.
Add sauce and move pan around to have sauce cover all the meat.
For the best instructions watch the video from CookingWithDog.

No comments:

Post a Comment