Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Korean Beef Short Ribs, Galbi

Ahhhh....It feels great to make some money right now...even though it's just minimum wage.  So far I have 64 bucks to my name baby! = p

I really love where I'm working right now.  I love that it's so close to my place.  I love that the environment is so laid back.  I love my hours. And I  LOOOOOOOVE that the people I work with and for are super nice.  The business is owned by this nice Korean couple who  have genuine love for each other that I can see.  He calls her "Hunnie" and she tells me 'He always make me laugh".  It's refreshing to see that kind of pure and loving relationship.
Beef Ribs, kind of pricey, we may have gotten ripped off
Ironically, this past Sunday I made Korean BBQ Beef Short Ribs, Galbi.  And it was good. =)  I used the recipe from trifood dot com.  The only change I made was instead of an Asian Pear, which we were told by the produce clerk, in a DUH sort of way, was "not in season"....so we got a large Fuji Apple.  The point of using this fruit is to tenderize the meat and I think it worked perfectly fine.  You're suppose to use thinly sliced rib pieces for this recipe and luckily we went to a Korean grocery store which sold thinly sliced meat pieces! =)  It's actually not hard to make...just a lot of preparation.

Find recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment