Thursday, December 2, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods...

Beautiful view of the mountains on our way home.
Gosh...when it's cold all I want to do I stay inside, drink hot tea, and keep the heater on.  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Now it's time to move on to Christmas.  It seems like each year the holidays go by faster and faster and I barely have time to enjoy it before it's gone!

I had a great Thanksgiving this year.  My whole family was together with the addition of a new sister =) hehe (sister-in-law).    We played games, hanged out, and of course had great food.  I think my dad's turkey this year was the best that he's made.  Nhat and I started a tradition last year of having our own little Thanksgiving meal together before we head home.  Last year was good for my first time, but this year was even better.  I learned from my mistakes and my meal came together quite nicely.

Dinner for two?

My menu was Butter-Herbed Roast Turkey, Mash Potatoes, Roasted Yams, Green Bean Casserole, Chestnut Stuffing, and Homemade Cranberry Sauce and Turkey Gravy.  I can't wait for the day when I can host Thanksgiving for my family. In the mean time, I just keep practicing with Nhat. =)

Chestnut French Bread Stuffing

No comments:

Post a Comment