Monday, December 13, 2010

Japanese Shrimp Burger Ebi Katsu


I love it when I attempt to make a brand new recipe that not only have I never made before...but I've never eaten before.  This weekend I made a Japanese Shrimp Burger!   The prospect of shrimp mushed together in a patty that is fried in hot oil, made me both anxious and intrigued.  But life is all about pushing limits and trying new things, right? And besides, if it's supposedly the most popular item at the Mcdonald's in Japan, how can it be bad? So on Sunday I ventured forth to the grocery store, bought my ingredients to make this exciting new recipe and viola! Japanese Shrimp Burger!

It was actually quite easy.  I think next time I will not add as much sake and make sure my shrimps are more dry because when I combined my flour, I think the liquid caused my patty to be a touchy gooey but nothing too bad.

I doubled coated my patty in the flour egg bread crumb mixture to make it as crispy as possible.  
 
Top: Flour, Egg, Bread mixture is essential to crispy patties. Bottom: Condiments to put on burger.

 I used two recipes I found online and made slight adaptations of each, RunnyRunny999 and from Sumo Kitchen.


Japanese Shrimp Burger and French Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment