Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ramen: Food of the College Students

Instant Ramen with Sliced Cabbage
It is a well known fact that Instant Noodles such as Ramen and Cup of Noodles are popular food items for college students because they are freakishly cheap, super fast, and easy to make.  Although I did eat instant noodles during my time at college, my fondest memories of ramen come not from college but from the comfort of my home, made by my dad. 

He use to add pieces of ham and eggs to the soup and serve it with thinly sliced cabbage.  A very simple meal but packed with so much flavor.  Back then I appreciated it for a quick and satisfying meal.  Now, I appreciated it for the memories of my dad's efforts to keep us full.

All done!

 Keeping in line with my quick and cheap meals.  Today, in order to satisfy my craving for cinnamon buns, I brought a package of Pillsbury Orange Cream Cinnamon Buns at the grocery store.  They are baking in the oven right now as I write.  One day, I know I'll have the time and space to make cinnamon buns from scratch, but today, these will suit me just fine. 
Pillsbury Orange Cream Cinnamon Buns. Good, but next time I'll try original.

No comments:

Post a Comment