Monday, November 22, 2010

Bake and Cake


The past few weeks I have been craving a nice fluffy piece of decadent cake.  Usually when my cake craving comes a calling, I can take out my mixing bowls and spoons and whip up something in the kitchen. However, being a working woman now ;) I don't have too much time for baking.  So this past week when I found out a new Asian grocery market open up near by that had a bakery, imagine my delight!  I guess my cake craving was contagious because Nhat started craving cakes too. And so we ofcourse made a visit to the new grocery store and picked up a cake.

We decided on a Ube cake.  I love that the cake was very soft but it was a little too dry for my liking.  The ube frosting however, was delicious.


Our cake craze didn't stop there.  Nhat has been talking about a bakery that one of his doctors constantly rave about, Porto Bakery.  This past Saturday we decided to make the 40 minute drive to give it a try. I got a Cubano Sandwich and Nhat got a Slow Roasted Pork Sandwich and Chicken Empanada (spelling?).  
Slow Roasted Pork Sandwich with Fried Plantains   
Cubano with Fried Plantains.
We also took a Mixed Berried Milk Cake home.  Too bad our milk cake melted on the drive home, but it was still good.  The cake was moist and frosting was delicately sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment