Monday, November 1, 2010

Another Week, Another Day, Another Dolla.


I hope everyone had a great Halloween.  And if you don't celebrate Halloween, then I hope you had a great weekend.  Despite the weather supposedly going into the 90s this week, the chilly mornings are a still a reminder that we are in autumn.  I've even had to wear a scarf on my morning walks with Basil.  Once the weather starts getting cooler and October comes around, there are a few items in my cupboard that are a necessity to help me enjoy the cooler autumny wintery weather:  hot Apple Cider, hot Chocolate, teas of all kinds.

Missing: Green Tea!
With the holidays less than a month away, I know I need to be more health conscientious of my eating so that I don't feel guilty when Thanksgiving comes rolling around!  This morning I had a healthy breakfast with low-fat cottage cheese, fruit, and a little sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. You can buy cinnamon sugar in the store but it's so easy to make and probably cheaper also. You basically just mix cinnamon and sugar in whatever ratio you prefer.   Sweeter? Then just add more sugar than cinnamon.  You can store it in an air tight container for a very long time.  I think I've had my cinnamon sugar mixture for months.

You can use whatever fruit you have available.  I usually like berries also.

No comments:

Post a Comment